Monday 26 November 2012

Get to know Italy?

One of the most active participants this week has been Loredana Crucitti. She is from Torino in the Piedmont region of Italy.

She says, '' My favourite thing about my country if the food. We have sevenal regions each with their own style of cooking. Its really diverse and it differs from village to village. Everyone can find something they will enjoy. I also love the sea, its beautiful.

The most amazing thing I've done is move to New York on an internship with the UN. I was working there for 3 and a half months, it really gave me a chance to learn about different ways of life. It really is a city where you can meet people from all over the world, fantastic experience.

I am not as experienced in youth work as some people on this course therefore I think I am learning alot from it about non-formal education, from an international point of view I work with Romanian Roma children, living in camps in Italy. So its great to have some first hand experience of their country.
However it is interesting seeing how we work as people and realising that we too as youth workers need to develop and be open to change. Courses like this are a step to help us push our boundaries and learn that we must take the aims of our organisations into our day to day lives.

Piedmont is in the north of the country. It means the foot of the mountain, as it sits close to the Alps.

I am working on a local project at the moment around film and photography in the camps. I really hope to make this a international project, and most certainly work with Amy and Momentum to achieve this''.

No comments:

Post a Comment